Join a Company With a Mission
At Home Energy Solutions of Wisconsin we are dedicated, hardworking and customer focused. Our mission is to educate and provide the right amount of information so our customers can make the best and most informed decisions for their homes and families.
We pride ourselves on being a company where our employees enjoying coming to work because they know they make a difference. We are a team that strives for excellence and trust which pushes us to do our best everyday.
General Laborer (2 positions)
Home Energy Solutions of Wisconsin is looking for General Laborers to join the team. While candidates with construction / home improvement experience are preferred, we will train individuals who take pride in a job well done and who want to break into the energy efficiency and building performance industry. Work is performed in homes across Northeast Wisconsin and has limited face-to-face contact.
In this role, you will air seal and install insulation into walls, attics, basements, and crawl spaces. You will also help perform blower door tests to evaluate whether buildings are airtight and mechanical equipment tests to confirm the systems are ventilating correctly. You must be capable of performing physical work both indoors and outdoors.
You will receive on-job/apprentice training from Focus on Energy Home Performance and Building Performance Institute (BPI) experts. You will learn ‘how’ to identify home issues, ‘what’ is causing the problem, and ‘how’ to fix it.
Rapid company advancement is possible including PAID industry, sales, and business training. Great position and unique opportunity for a person that wants to start a career in energy efficiency, get ‘hands-on’ business, and sales experience and learn from some of the most respected experts in the field.
- Air seal and install insulation into residential homes
- Conduct blower door and mechanical equipment ventilation tests
- Enter data, record materials used, and complete basic paperwork for each job
- High school diploma or GED certificate (preferred)
- Previous construction or home improvement experience (preferred)
- Energy efficiency and/or sales experience a bonus (not required, will train)
- Pride in a job well done and providing quality customer service
- Comfortable using hand tools, power tools, and ladders
- Physical stamina
- Reliable, hard-working, and able to work independently
- Flexible schedule
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to travel within northeast Wisconsin service territory
Compensation / Benefits
- $17 – $20+ per hour
- Supplemental benefits including dental, vision and AFLAC
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Many more perks!
Home Energy Solutions of Wisconsin is as an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrates diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate against race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other applicable characteristics. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, performance and business needs.
How To Apply