Greater Comfort, More Energy Savings, Healthier Home
In preparation for your home’s audit, we recommend you do the following:
- Have at least one homeowner available to accompany the energy auditor throughout your home. We encourage you to ask questions and take notes.
- Expect the audit to take 2 – 4 hours depending on the size, age and condition of your home.
- Allow access to all rooms. Make sure there is clear access to heating and cooling equipment, appliances and other mechanical systems. Remove ashes from fireplaces and/or wood-burning stoves prior to the appointment.
- For the safety and well-being of your pets, temporarily relocate or restrain them. The diagnostic tests are harmless but can be scary and stressful for your pets.
- Plan to provide access to one or more years worth of utility bills or energy usage.
What to Expect
During the audit, your Home Energy Solutions energy auditor will perform the following services:
- Visual inspection of the interior and external of your home including attic, basement or crawlspace, insulation level and condition, windows and doors, existing HVAC and mechanical equipment, plus much more.
- Perform diagnostic tests to understand the current condition of your home. The data collected is entered into proprietary software to help diagnosis, make recommendations and solve home issues.
- Blower door test to measure air tightness.
- Combustion safety and ventilation test to ensure mechanicals, such as your furnace and water heater, are operating correctly and sufficient air circulation is present.
- Infrared camera scan (optional) to identify air leaks and lack of wall insulation.
- Provide energy efficiency tips, answer your questions and address your concerns.
After The Audit
Covid-19 Safety Precautions: The health and safety of our customers and employees is of the utmost importance to us. Home Energy Solutions employees who visit customer’s home will be equipped with personal protective equipment. They will follow Covid-19 social distancing guidelines and will limit in-home time as much as possible. If there is anyone in your home that has Covid-19, has recently been exposed to someone with Covid-19 or are experiencing flu-like symptoms, please call us at 888.719.5905 to reschedule your appointment.