A home energy audit or assessment helps you diagnosis your home’s comfort and/or energy efficiency issues so you make improvements that have the greatest impact. Homeowners have saved up to 15% or more on their utility bills while improving their home’s comfort, durability, safety, and resale value.
What To Expect
In preparation for your audit, you should:
- Expect the audit to take 2 – 4 hours depending on the size and condition of your home.
- Homeowner must be present and available for questions.
- Ensure there is clear access to any heating and cooling equipment, appliances, and other systems. Fireplaces and/or wood-burning stoves must be extinguished 24 hours prior to the appointment. Remove any ashes. Secure pets and allow access to all rooms.
- Plan to provide access to one or more years worth of utility bills or energy usage.
Covid-19 Safety Precautions: The health and safety of our customers and employees is of the utmost importance to us. Home Energy Solutions employees who visit customer’s home will be equipped with personal protective equipment. They will follow Covid-19 social distancing guidelines and will limit in-home time as much as possible. If there is anyone in your home that has Covid-19, has recently been exposed to someone with Covid-19 or are experiencing flu-like symptoms, please call us at 888.719.5905 to reschedule your appointment.
During the audit, Home Energy Solutions of Wisconsin may check all of the following items:
- Insulation levels in your attic, walls, basement or crawlspace
- Air leaks around windows and doors
- Safe operation of furnace, water heater, and other appliances and systems
- Duct system
Your auditor may perform the following diagnostic tests:
- Blower door test to measure air tightness.
- Combustion safety and ventilation test to ensure mechanicals, such as your furnace and water heater, are operating correctly and there is sufficient air circulation.
- Infrared camera scan or thermography (optional) to identify air leaks and insulation levels.
After The Audit
You will receive a Home Energy Report specific to your home after the audit. The report will identify the home’s comfort and energy efficiency issues specifically identified during your audit, the reasons for the issues, and our recommended solutions. We will also review the cost estimates, timeline, and incentives that may be available through our partner organizations.
Schedule Your Home Energy Audit
To setup an appointment or more information, call 888.719.5905 or complete our contact form.